LOCATION: Main Plant
SHIFT: Week Day Night Shift
SHIFT SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday 4:15pm to typically 2:45am
Approximately 40-50 hours per week or as required to complete scheduled work.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary responsibilities of the Operator are:
- Set up and operate 1.6M and 2.0M CNC Form Gear Grinders
- Operate overhead crane to load and unload machine.
- Operate controls, programming, editing programs and performing self-inspection of parts in-process and upon completion for conformance to requirements.
- Produce quality parts meeting drawing and routing requirements.
- Work in a safe manner.
- Maintain an organized and clean department
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE/TRAITS OF QUALIFIED CANDIDATES:
Qualified candidates must have the following experience, education and training:
- Minimum 2 Years plus experience on FORM GEAR GRINDERS and proficiency with large-part machining and blueprint reading; with the understanding of geometric tolerancing and dimensioning.
- Must be able to perform setups, measure parts, and make good quality parts.
- Overhead crane experience moving large work pieces.
- Experience with SEIMENS 840D controls on HOFLER AND GLEASON GEAR GRINDERS a plus.
- Strong math aptitude, shop mathematics and the ability to use precision measuring instruments (calipers, micrometers and other gauges).
- Candidate must be a team player, self-motivated, highly energetic attitude with a good work ethic, initiative and can work independently with minimal supervision.